How to Fold a Flag for a Shadow Box
How to Fold a Flag for a Shadow Box is not only intended as a memorabilia of one’s Military career but it also serve as way to honor and recognize the recipient’s service.
Medals, awards, badges, insignias or items that signify the history of a personnel’s career is included in a Shadow Box. The National flag is also often and a good addition in a Shadow Box’s content.
The National Flag placed in a Shadow Box symbolizes that our country benefited from the loyal service of the recipient of the shadow box. United States has a special way of folding a flag that is reserved for the county alone. For Shadow Boxes, it is typical that flags are folded in the appearance of a tri-cornered hat, symbolic of the hats worn by colonial soldiers during the War of Independence.
Here are the steps on how to properly fold a flag for a Shadow Box:
- First, hold the flag waist-high with another person so that its surface is parallel to the ground.
- Fold the lower half of the stripe section lengthwise over the field of stars, holding the bottom and top edges securely.
- Fold the flag again lengthwise with the blue field on the outside.
- Make a triangular fold by bringing the striped corner of the folded edge to meet the open or top edge of the flag.
- Turn the outer or end point inward, parallel to the open edge, to form a second triangle.
- The triangular folding is continued until the entire length of the flag is folded in this manner.
Note: When the flag is completely folded, only the triangular blue field of stars should be visible.
For quality Shadow Boxes, MilitaryPlaques.Com is ensuring that your loved-one or retiring co-personnel can have the best as a tribute to the recipient’s service. Order Now!
MilitaryPlaques.Com also offers Tail Flashes, Presentation Plaques, Deployment Plaques, Insignia Plaques, Patch-to-Plaques and more. Click here for more information.