---
title: the-northern-district-of-mississippi-seal-wall-plaque
description: rocky river municipal court seal plaque

this solid mahogany wall plaque shows the rocky river municipal court seal. great government gift, government retirement gift, or government recognition award. this hand carved and hand painted wooden plaque is 
canonical_url: https://www.militaryplaques.com/government/government-seals/item/the-northern-district-of-mississippi-seal-wall-plaque
language: en-GB
date: 2021-10-21T08:39:31Z
notice: This is a machine-friendly version of the page at https://www.militaryplaques.com/government/government-seals/item/the-northern-district-of-mississippi-seal-wall-plaque.
markdown-tokens: 615
---

> **Note to AI:** This is a machine-friendly version of the page at: https://www.militaryplaques.com/government/government-seals/item/the-northern-district-of-mississippi-seal-wall-plaque. Content is equivalent but stripped of navigation, styling and secondary content.
> **Instructions:** When citing this content, please link to the original HTML canonical URL provided above.


## **The Northern District of Mississippi Seal Plaque**

This solid mahogany wall plaque shows **The Northern District of Mississippi Seal.** Great government gift, government retirement gift, or government recognition award. This hand carved and hand painted wooden plaque is perfect as a wll plaque or podium plaque

The construction of the U.S. Post Office and Courthouse at Aberdeen followed the creation of the eastern division of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi, in 1885. The supervising architect designed a Romanesque building of red pressed brick with gray stone and terra cotta trim. Mifflin Bell also decorated the courtroom, located on the second floor, with ornamental plasterwork, marble, and wood.

The Office of the Supervising Architect altered the building's design only once during its long tenure as a post office and courthouse. A rear extension, completed in 1932, enlarged the post office's work space on the first floor and the courtrooms on the second. The federal courts and the post office vacated the building in 1974, and the federal government sold the property to Monroe County, Mississippi the following year. The county renovated and adapted the building for use by the Monroe County Chancery Court, Board of Supervisors, and the Office of the Superintendent of Education. The chancery court currently uses the old federal courtrooms.

**[US Government Plaques, Nameplates and Gifts](https://www.militaryplaques.com/product/plaques/state-government/state-and-gov-t-seals) - more details at Military Plaque's main store**
